Regulations of the "Let's Lem" competition for children and teenagers
1. These Regulations (hereinafter "Regulations") define the rules of the "Let's Lem" Competition (hereinafter "Competition").
2. The competition is organized by Marlena Janecka PRO Service based in Warsaw (02-490) at 15 Płomyka St. app. 13, VAT id 9531787003, REGON 140694600 (hereinafter: the "Organizer").
2. TIME AND PLACE OF THE COMPETITION
1. The competition is held on the territory of the Republic of Poland via the website sensepoland.com/letslem.
2. The competition will run from December 3, 2021 to January 5, 2022.
1. The competition is open to students in grades 6-8 and primary schools as well as students of state and private secondary schools (hereinafter: Participants).
2. The Competition participant cannot be of legal age.
4. PURPOSE AND RULES OF THE COMPETITION
1. The aim of the Competition is to collect applications (3.12.2021 - 5.01.2022) from students from public and private primary and secondary schools who apply for the competition. From among the applications that will be sent to the following address: email@example.com, the Competition Commission will select, based on the justification for the application:
1a. 30 competition applications which will receive the Main Prize and
2a. 30 applications which will receive 2nd degree prizes.
2. The results will be announced on January 10, 2022 via the website senspoland.com/letslem and on the Let's Lem – competition FB profile/fan page.
3. More than one application may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from one e-mail address.
4. Along with sending the competition entry in the text, drawing or audio form, the Competition participant should provide personal data (name and surname, contact telephone number) for the purpose of identification of the participants by the Competition Committee and the implementation of the Competition.
1. The main prize in the "Let's Lem" competition is placing the entry in the "Let's Lem" e-book, which will be published after the completion of the competition, a Google Play or Apple Store & iTunes gift voucher worth PLN 50 and an e-book entitled "Solaris" by Stanisław Lem.
2. The Main Prize will be awarded to 30 applications selected by the Competition Committee
3. The unit value of the Main Prize does not exceed PLN 70 gross.
4. The 2nd degree prize in the "Let's Lem" competition is a Google Play or Apple Store & iTunes gift voucher worth PLN 40 and an e-book entitled "Solaris" by Stanisław Lem.
5. The 2nd degree prize will be awarded to 30 applications selected by the Competition Committee.
6. The unit value of the 2nd degree award does not exceed PLN 60 gross.
7. The prizes will be provided via the e-mail address through which the applicant has entered the competition.
8. The prizes will be sent to the winners of the competition within 3 working days of the announcement of the competition results.
9. The award may not be exchanged for a cash equivalent or another award.
10. The Competition Laureate may not transfer the right to the Prize to other persons.
11. The Organizer may award fewer Prizes than the maximum number of Prizes specified above, if the Jury deems that a smaller number of Competition Entries deserve Prizes. The Organizer reserves the right not to award any Prize if none of the Contest Entries meets the requirements of the Jury for awarding the Prize.
6. RULES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
1. Please be advised that the administrator of your personal data is the competition organized by Marlena Janecka PRO Service based in Warsaw (02-490) at 15 Płomyka St. app. 13, VAT id number 9531787003, REGON 140694600.
2. As part of the Competition, personal data will be processed in the case of persons submitting entries in the competition: e-mail address, name and surname, contact telephone number.
3. Personal data will be processed only on the basis of the voluntary consent of the person providing their personal data (e-mail containing personal data along with the content of the competition application). Lack of consent will result in the inability to participate in the competition.
4. Personal data will be processed for the duration of the competition or until its withdrawal. 5. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
6. A person taking part in the competition has the right to access their data and the right to rectify, delete, limit processing, the right to transfer data, the right to object, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
7. Personal data of competition participants will be obtained solely for the purpose of implementing the competition and selecting the winners of the competition.
8. Personal data of competition participants will not be transferred to other persons or institutions, nor will they be transferred to a third country outside the European Union.
9. In case of doubts, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. Please send any questions and comments regarding the processing of your personal data to the address of the Administrator's seat.
10. During the processing of the Participants' personal data, there will be no automated profiling of the Participants, and the data will not be processed for purposes other than those related to the Competition, e.g. for marketing purposes by electronic means.
11. If you have any questions regarding the processing of personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
7. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. Any disputes and claims related to the Competition will be settled by the common court competent for the seat of the Organizer.
2. In matters not covered by the Regulations, generally applicable provisions of law shall apply.
3. By submitting an entry in the Competition, the Participant declares that they accept these Regulations.
4. The Regulations come into force on the day of the Competition commencement. The regulations are available at the Organiser's office, at sensepoland.com/letslem and on the Let’s Lem – competition FB profile/fan page.
Let’s lem! - let's come up with something that could be the beginning of something new, unique and groundbreaking in the history of human civilization.
In the Year of Stanisław Lem, we have great pleasure to announce a competition for students in grades 6-8 of primary schools and grades 1-3 of high school, under the title ‘Let's lem’.
The English idiom ‘Let's lem’ is intended to encourage you to come up with something fantastic that may become a real object in the future. The phrase itself means ‘be creative!’ and is synonymous with creative thinking, without limits.
Stanisław Lem, writer, philosopher, visionary, predicted the future we live in. He created iconic inventions of modern times in literature a few decades earlier than the research and development works on them began. In the 1950s and 1960s he invented in his books everything that is now called the Internet, audiobook, smartphone, drone or VR.
The most interesting competition entries, i.e. a description of a creative idea, a product of the future, will be included in the book (e-book) published under the title – ‘Let's lem’. Entries can be submitted in any form: in writing, graphically or as a recording.
Perhaps in a dozen or even several dozen years, the effect of our competition will constitute another Polish invention that will affect the fate of the world greatly and positively.
KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. is the patron of the Sense Poland 2021Educational Edition – being the leader of innovation in Poland and in the world. The status of an international corporation obliges KGHM to carry out more and more research on development. Innovation is the key to further expanding the company's knowledge and experience.
We invite you to participate in this creative game.
Let’s lem without limits.